The Learning Lounge was established in 1997 with 9 teachers and 175 students.
Conveniently located opposite the train station and bus stop at Turramurra, The Learning Lounge now provides it's services and premises to 16 teachers who use the 8 one-on-one teaching rooms 5 days a week with some 280 students a week presently attending.
We open from 2.00pm til 9.00pm Monday to Thursday and from 2.00pm til 7.30pm Friday. While we cannot accept responsibility for students outside their lesson time our staffed reception area offers a safe and comfortable place for students to wait for pickup and for parents to relax while waiting. Our hours also allow for early drop off of instruments.
ALL ages and levels of ability are welcome to tuition on a variety of instruments. The teachers have completed ‘The Working With Children Check' declaration required of Teaching Business Owners by the Dept. Of Education NSW and are undergoing the mandatory police check for working with children.
Each teacher offers their students a unique and comprehensive way to learn music with the objective of keeping them motivated and enthusiastic. Whether students are in a band or are learning for fun the teachers can help them explore and develop their musical talent.
CPM and AMEB exams are also available (not all teachers offer this service) Students wanting to do their grades and sit exams are welcome to arrange this directly through their teacher. Please advise the teacher of your requiremants when enrolling.
All the teachers at The Learning Lounge operate their own businesses using the Terms & Conditions set out on the Terms & Conditions page. (click here) We hope you understand when we ask that you read and accept the Teacher's Terms & Conditions before enrolling for lessons at The Learning Lounge.
We strongly believe parents are an integral part of a childs musical learning experience. It is both an outlay of YOUR MONEY and TIME. Please read our Parent's Page (click here) for a more indepth view of what music lessons are all about and how to get a great return on your investment.
If you would like more information or would like to enquire about enrollment then please contact us on 9488-9970 during business hours or use our "contact us" page to email us.
Thanks for visiting us.
Mike and Vanessa Gordon
In Summary - Some key things about us...
* We are a family run, community oriented business
* We have a customer rewards program
* We are in our 18th year of operating
* We have 16 qualified, creative teachers
* We have 8 teaching rooms
* We have over 290 students weeky
* We have given over 200,000 one on one lessons
* We are a 30 second walk from buses, Taxis and Turramurra train station
* We have a friendly fun atmosphere
* We offer exams
* We have a comfortable waiting area for parents and students
* We have Eftpos/credit card & direct deposit facilities
* We have a range of essential music items for sale, including guitars!
* We offer a one off paid (not free) trial lesson before you commit to a Term of lessons.
* We hold an annual Student Concert for our budding young musicians.
We support local school fundraising
page last updated Oct 14th 2016